What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

1/2 Texan

"So,
Mom,
when
do
I
get
to
go
to
Texas?"


Carolyn is 1/2 Texan, being the daughter of a native born Texan. One never loses one's Texas citizenship, no matter where one lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What amazing foresight Carolyn's grandma had in making sure she would have Texas apparel to wear in her first week...

Anonymous said...

Interesting that "Guess Who" would inadvertently omit from the list of catch phrases from lesser known Texas institutions, the "Sic 'em" yell and bear growl associated with that inauspicious Texas-based University often known as Jerusalem on the Brazos(chartered by the Republic of Texas on February 1, 1845, I'll have you know).

Maybe its name and the hope (or is it expectation) of its connection with Carolyn's future is one of those things that "goes without saying." If so, dare I name the place or yell the yell even while my hand is uncontrollably forming the claw?

I shall not. Some things are best understood quietly, and by understatement.

But, at even this slight prompting, the alma mater is oozing from my every pore, so sing with me now:

That good old Baylor line! That good old Baylor line!

We'll march forever down the years, as long as stars shall shine.

We'll fling our green and gold afar to light the ways of time,

And guide us as we onward go; That good old Baylor line!

Thank you. Thank you very much. That was nice.

And now that the singing is done; now that a calm stillness has descended upon this blog; now, with the school colors still glowing, let me just close by saying with this toast for the future, yea, this blessing: May Carolyn's blood be true green and gold like her Grandmother, Great Uncle and Auntie, Great-Great too many greats to mention Grandmother (and lest I forget anyone else . . .) et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. May all roads she travels lead her to Collins and Dawson and the Judge and Papa Rollos.

Anon.