What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

What I learned in 2012

A daddy is very special.

At first, he's bigger and stronger than you can imagine.

He teaches you how to work

and how to play.

and you sort of glow in the knowledge that he thinks you are something really special.

Daddies delight in your successes 

and your joys.

And someday, you get to give back to him, even though it never seems like enough.

I learned some other things this year too.

A family is a very special gift.

There's still nothing quite like a good story, especially if it is shared.

Even a grandma is a mama first.  Hold the grandson but then you want to know if your daughter is ok.

Some things just get better with age.

Grapes on the stairs is a great tradition.

 Laughter is good medicine

and music is good for the soul.

The most pleasure is often found in simple things.

A sister is a great gift

and should never be taken for granted.

If you're too timid, you might miss some really great times.

Mr. Rogers said, "Look for the helpers.  They're always there."  
I want to be one of them!

There is obviously no limit to cute.

Sometimes, cool runs in the family.

Even dogs deserve a vacation.

God delights in the unexpected

An unexpected sight is fun.

Papa's unexpected walk was exciting that day.

Getting to the top of that hill feels great!

Brotherly love is sweet.

Sweet memories are a pleasant thing.

and it's fun to create new ones.

 Almost everything is better when shared.

There’s no need to be afraid if you know who’s going to catch you.

Community is important.

Mamas are happy to see their daughters happy.

It is still fun to meet deer on early morning bike rides and runs.

Making something beautiful is worth some time and effort.

I love bike riding with this guy!

There is definitely a runner's high, though I've never felt it!

Sometimes, a nap is just what is needed.

Some things never change.

There really is grace in the valley!

It is very hard to say good bye.












No comments: