What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Water Hot is a noble thing!

Here in GR, there is Water Hot! I indulged in a deep, hot bath this morning, and I couldn't help but remember Bilbo's bath song sung by Pippin in The Fellowship of the Ring(in one of my very favorite chapters -"A Conspiracy Unmasked") :

"Sing hey! For the bath at close of day that washes the weary mud away! A loon is he that will not sing: O! Water Hot is a noble thing!

O! Sweet is the sound of falling rain, and the brook that leaps from hill to plain; but better than rain or rippling streams Is Water Hot that smokes and steams.

O! Water cold we may pour at need down a thirsty throat and be glad indeed; But better is Beer, if drink we lack, And Water Hot poured down the back.

O! Water is fair that leaps on high in a fountain white beneath the sky; but never did fountain sound so sweet as splashing Hot Water with my feet!"

(Those who know me know I can skip the beer part, but everything else is perfect. Except I made no fountains like Pippin did!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sense the line is blurring a little here--correct?