What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Dutch are tall

Did you know that the Dutch are the tallest people in the world? The average Dutch man is 6'1". You can read about it here. And the Dutch are taller than they used to be. These days, the minimum height requirement for doors is seven feet! They say all this height is a result of good nutrition and good health care. I found some other reasons more interesting.
Climate change. When those dykes give way before the rising seas, much of the Netherlands will be under six feet one inch of water. Logically, only those Dutch people who are six foot two or more will be able to survive and start the long, backbreaking process of rebuilding the flood defences and baling out the country with bucket chains.

The Dutch government, under direct orders from Her Netherlandic Majesty, have been embarking on a massive programme of eugenics. Short Dutch children are expelled into Belgium, to be replaced by tall kidnapped Danes. The plan is to raise the average height to six foot five by 2050. Thirty years into the plan, the Dutch are already the tallest nation in Europe.
(from this article)

No comments: