What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

A Story with a Happy Ending

Charles Whiting's wife died in 2005, and to comfort himself he would call himself and hear his late wife say "Catherine Whiting" on the voicemail system. That is, until recently, when Verizon upgraded his telephone service. The message was lost and Charles was devastated that he couldn't hear his wife's voice anymore.

However, this story has a happy ending. Verizon archives old greetings, and a contractor found the message. It has has been restored to Charles's new voicemail system. Now whenever Charles is missing his wife he only needs to call himself.

Hats off to Verizon for being sensitive to one of its customers and going the extra mile.
I found the above on The Point.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

that's so sweet! I knew I liked Verizon!

Nanc said...

Sounds like a Mom and Dad story!