It used to be that every time one of my children started a conversation with the words, "Hey mom, can I talk to you about something," I braced myself for a question about sex.
Now I hold onto my hat for a question about something far more difficult to answer: the economy.
A week ago while driving my 10-year-old to a party, Amy delicately broached this subject in the way one might ask where babies come from.
Sensing this was sensitive territory, she cleared her throat and said, "Mom, the kids at school keep mentioning something about Wall Street and some sort of crisis. Also, I heard on the news that we're all going to be depressed about it. It's making me worry that something bad is going to happen," she said.
Read the rest here
What's the deal with the blurring line?
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Bailout
Comments on the current crisis by Mary Beth Hicks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment