What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Grandmothering

It suddenly occurred to me today, that I am ill prepared to become a grandmother. In all my thoughts of Small's impending arrival, in all my excitement about the imminent event, I have not read one single book about being a grandmother! When have I ever approached any big event in life without a book to guide the way, to give the 7 steps, to share words of encouragement or how I did it or SOMETHING! So I logged on to Amazon.com and, no surprise, there is a wealth of advice out there for grandparents looking for words of wisdom from others. I stopped looking after I had found 4 books that looked promising.

A 'grandmarvelous' feast of anecdotes, observations, poetry and prose that celebrates the glories of Grandmothering.

We understand children and grandchildren to be God's priceless gift to us. Eric Wiggin suggests that we as grandparents can, in turn, be God's priceless gift to them.

That's a pretty cool thought, isn't it?

A devotional journal that will find a place in any grandmother's heart. Embark on a warm, intimate journey with a grandmother who understands the joy of building faith in grandchildren. Esther Burroughs has written a treasure chest of narratives and hands-on ideas for giving everyday moments with grandchildren eternal significance.

And finally, the coup de grace, there really is a book called How to Be the Perfect Grandma: Rules of the Game.
What a relief it was to know there is such a book! Only one question, will it matter if I don't finish the book before I begin the grandmothering?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The real question is, how many of these books did you order? All 4? Just your top 2? Or just the one with How to be the Perfect Grandma?? Did you look into grandfathering as well???