What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Hug 'em tight!

We were on our way to GR this morning for a quick weekend trip. There had been some snow, yes, but certainly nothing like what the weathermen predicted. We did not anticipate any problems. But as we drove north, we saw 8 or 10 cars off the side of the road. Tow trucks dotted the interstate. At times, the traffic slowed to a crawl. The road demanded caution, but we were undaunted.

Until. . . we were routed off the interstate. We could see two cars just ahead(not pictured here - even I am not that cold!) One was about the size of ours, T-boned on the driver's side. Do you ever get that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach, when you think someone has just crossed over into eternity not long ago, not far from where you are now?

It was enough for us to turn around and head home. There'll be another weekend for visiting the little princess. For now, we just wanted to give big hugs to those we love. Life is precious; life is fragile. Each day is a gift! So, dear family, consider yourselves hugged!

2 comments:

EB said...

I'm glad you left late! And thankful for the chance for many more hugs.

"Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness."

Michelle said...

I am glad you turned around. Sometimes we think we are invincible- until we see evidence that no one is...