What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A Snow Globe

Today I felt like I was in a snow globe. We have had lovely bands of snow pass over us, sometimes huge flakes floating to the ground, sometimes millions of small flakes being hurled from the sky. I know I live in the Frozen North, and I'm supposed to complain about snow, but I guess I'm just a child of the south. I still marvel at the flakes, and it makes me smile just to look at them.I can't really seem to photograph it, but it was coming down so fast, I just had to try. A flash at least stops the blur. Below, you can see without the flash. The vertical lines are snowflakes all stretched out because the shutter was open too long. A photographer I am not!
The More It Snows by A.A. Milne

The more it snows ~~
tiddely pom,
The more it goes ~~
tiddely pom,
The more it goes ~~
tiddely pom
On snowing ~~

And nobody knows~~
tiddely pom ,
How cold my toes ~~
tiddely pom,
Are growing.

2 comments:

Laura said...

you should have seen the snow in holland! it hit right before and during rush hour in the afternoon, so it made travel pretty crazy. but today we have a snow day. :)

Michelle said...

Such lovely, lovely snow pictures! The weathermen here were joking this week- we only got about 3 of the 4-14 inches predicted... Why even bother predicting as wide a range as 4-14? Might as well just say "We have absolutely no idea what's happening, but it's cold, and it's February, so it might snow... but really, your guess is as good as mine... "