Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen! For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
59 Years
Happy Anniversary!
She was not yet 20, and he was nearly 21, and in those days (at least in Mississippi), his mom had to sign for him to have permission to marry.
It's one of the slides from the collection, early but I don't know exactly when. Certainly sometime in the first couple years of their marriage. I'm hoping the pictures will remind Dad of some details to fill in the blanks for us.
8 comments:
Wow! Is this on their wedding day? I've never seen this picture!!
Grrr. . . It's Kelsey again when it was really me!
It's one of the slides from the collection, early but I don't know exactly when. Certainly sometime in the first couple years of their marriage. I'm hoping the pictures will remind Dad of some details to fill in the blanks for us.
it looks like Big Daddy's house
Which house?
It is 219 Robinhood. You can tell from the rest of the picture which I cropped.
I thought so, but I didn't realize they had Robinhood then. I thought they bought it later.
I don't know the exact year, but I remember Mom saying that she never lived in that house, but that Sue did. I think Sue & Charles married in 1955.
In the slide collection (which may or may not be in exact chronilogical order), the Robinhood house is before Wichita Falls, which was in Nov. 1951.
Post a Comment