What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Papa and the Birthday Dinner

We had birthday dinner reservations at the Antlers Lodge. (The chandelier in here is made of over 500 pairs of antlers!)
The walk from our room was much farther than we expected, and a little much for Papa. The hotel staff felt bad that it was so difficult for him, so they wanted to make it up to us by offering us a free bottle of champagne. Aunt Nancy and I were about to decline, when we heard Papa say "All right." We were more than a little surprised, but knowing that this was new for him, we convinced him to try wine instead, thinking it might be a little more well-received!
Even so, you can see Papa was not impressed with the wine. His comment, "It's not sweet!" I don't think this man will ever have an drinking problem!
Uncle Dave ordered a wild game platter (antelope, venison, wild boar and quail).
Papa had a steak, which he pronounced "okay."
Then he had his first cappuccino, which he liked only slightly more than the wine.

No comments: