I had this dream last night about pink flip flops. I was on the floor in the front bedroom on Renker Drive. I was gathering up pink flip flops. They were in various small sizes, some only an inch or two long, and of several shades of pink. As I scooped them up wondering why in the world there were so many, Mom appeared at the doorway. This was Mom of many years ago. She looked me sheepishly and then said, "Well, I wasn't sure which size they wore!" And then she laughed that embarrassed sort of laugh that made you know she knew she was being ridiculous.
Then I woke up with a smile. I was wondering what size of pink flip flops Nora and Carolyn will need this summer. . .
3 comments:
Oh, my gosh! What a great dream! And it would have been so like Mom to buy hundreds of pairs, just to make sure she had the right size! She'd just say, "Oh, I'll take the others back!" I wish I could have your dream just to see Mom again!
i like this dream- makes me think of all the random swimsuits that used to be in that room, all sizes and colors, one was bound to fit you!
I love it!! That is so very "Granny!" I see her quite a bit in my dreams- I always wish I could hold on just a little longer...
Post a Comment