There is this guy named Jay Shafer of the Tumbleweed Tiny House Company who builds tiny houses. His concern seems to be to minimize the impact on the environment and also to avoid maintaining unnecessary space. I find the whole idea rather intriguing. For one thing, I don't know why, but I have always loved tiny things. (So cute!) And I sometimes feel frustrated heating and cooling and cleaning and keeping up so much space when there is so little need for it most of the time!
I did not say I'm ready to get one of these homes, only that I think the idea is interesting. Shafer makes plans and builds homes from 70 square feet (bet there's not much of a market for that) to 500 square feet. Some people use them as a country getaway, or a freestanding addition for an aging parent.
My favorites are the Ernesti(the white one) and the B-52 Bungalow, though it's possible I could be talked into the S House if it came with the mountains pictured in the background!
You can see the different models here.
1 comment:
wow! those are really cute! i think i'd like to have one in my back yard... :) especially if I could have the mountains or forests with it!
Post a Comment