What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Marks of the Early Church

An interesting list by David Fairchild. These are all ways that the early church was markedly different from the surrounding culture. How does the contemporary church compare?
  • They refused to attend blood thirsty entertainment
  • They did not serve in the military to support Caesar’s wars of conquest
  • They were against abortion and infanticide
  • They empowered women by showing their value and dignity
  • They were against sex outside of marriage
  • They were against homosexual relationships
  • They were exceptionally generous with their resources
  • They were radically for the poor
  • They mixed races and social classes
  • They believed only Christ was the way to salvation

No comments: