Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen! For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.
I remember the WC on a train, I guess Tangier and Casablanca. Was that one where you could feel the wind underneath you? Couldn't handle it back then, and I'm not at all sure I could handle it now! (The boy with the fork was a different forward!)
As I recall, the Tangiers-Casablanca special was made up of eight to ten passenger cars with wooden seats (circa 1910) pulled by a steam engine. Our car was proudly equiped with a Western style throne (properly fitted with a seat that lifted up when necessary), and a clear view of the tracks below (whether the train was moving or not). You chose to wait.
Lest there be any confusion about the throne, the reason there was no pondering whether the seat was up or down is because when you saw the opening to the tracks below, you declined.
8 comments:
Always look before you take a seat.
Does it lift up in the ladies? If so, why?
Kathy,
Do you remember the WC on the train between Tangier and Casablanca? As I recall, there was no reason to ponder whether the seat was up or down.
Dave
What happened to the black and white picture of the boy with the fork headed for the outlet?
I remember the WC on a train, I guess Tangier and Casablanca. Was that one where you could feel the wind underneath you? Couldn't handle it back then, and I'm not at all sure I could handle it now!
(The boy with the fork was a different forward!)
Kathy,
As I recall, the Tangiers-Casablanca special was made up of eight to ten passenger cars with wooden seats (circa 1910) pulled by a steam engine. Our car was proudly equiped with a Western style throne (properly fitted with a seat that lifted up when necessary), and a clear view of the tracks below (whether the train was moving or not). You chose to wait.
A long time.
Dave
Lest there be any confusion about the throne, the reason there was no pondering whether the seat was up or down is because when you saw the opening to the tracks below, you declined.
It was porcelain, I think.
Women use their intelligence to support their intuition.
G.K. Chesterton
Post a Comment