Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen! For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
The Rectangle
Can anyone else out there make this face? All attempts I have seen fall far short.
44 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I've only seen it once before... in Sheboygan WI. Must be spreading like the bird flu.
Methinks this anon. has revealed its identity in the short single sentence posted 11-2-06 at 8:58 am. Let's consider the barest facts:
1. "must be . . . the bird flu."--by immediately making a veiled diagnosis, this anon. inadvertently reveals he/she may have some educational background that would presuppose the rectangle was connected to a rare medical condition. Hmmm, I wonder who fits that description.
2. Lest we be too hasty, and in the interest of keeping all alternatives open, "bird flu" of course could be a misspelling of "bird flew" so we can't rule out the possibility that this anon. actually has an educational deficiency, though it does seem unlikely. After all , Sheboygan is hard to spell too.
3. "I've only seen it once before" -- this seems to be a clear reference to the fact that this anon. has performed some sort of purposeful examination of a rectangle condition on at least one prior occasion. This suggests again a medical or scientific connection and seems to support conclusion 1 above.
4. Let's not overlook "In Sheboygan WI." Ignoring the missing comma, which might support proposition 2 above, this anon. makes the final disclosure that gives away the identity. She/he has actually been to Sheboygan.
Yoda was right when he said "There is another." There IS another Anon! Perhaps we should have Anon I and Anon II. Or Anon A and Anon B. Or perhaps the Anons prefer the ambiguity of simply Anon.
First of all, is that you, Yoda? How did you tap into this blog. I'm so confused. I don't know who is who; or whom is whom; or who is whom; or the right form of that word to use here. Let me try this way: qui est qui; qui est que; qui est que -- (it doesn't work in French either) AHHHHHHHHHGGGGG!!
Anyway, I hear tell that a young David, Jr. we all know and love used to say "Can I have a nudder nudder" after he had already had a first one and then another one(especially when it came to chocolate cake).
So, the whole idea of "another" among us is certainly not a foreign concept.
The question occurs to me though, is it another of the same kind, or another of a different kind? Une autre d'une différente sorte--Une autre de la même sorte.
When it comes to cake its always another of the same kind in my book or why ask.
But another anon. Think about that you must Yoda (or Sheboyganite in disguise), whoever, whomever you are -- whatever. Give it a muse.
First of all, to avoid any new identity conflict or dispute, let me say at the outset that even though this comment starts with "anonymous said," I am not anonymous. My name is Lieutenant Steve. I am an Air Force recruiter. Thus the formal salutation: "Greetings."
Let me tell you a little about myself. I'm not a stereotype. You can't judge me by my title. I'm a real person. I eat hot dish tuna. I like cumquats in season. Like you, I love a good polka, and I'll really stick my neck out and say I think it’s a much maligned form of music.
There. Those revelations are intended to put you at ease. How can you feel threatened by me now.
Now to the point. The reason I am injecting myself into this blog is because I excel at diffusing conflict, and I have been monitoring this blog site for just the kind of brewing dispute I see here. Let's nip it. Let's nip it in the bud here and now.
Usually, I'm able to divert attention from the dispute by going on and on about something totally inane. On and on and on sometimes. I'm not proud. Nor am I even tired yet. I could go on and on in at least three different languages if it would help.
However, I can tell from the high intelligence level of your commentors and especially the gifted articulation of the blogger that will not work here, so I'll revert to absurd humor (I am funny--remember, Reader's Digest is considering publishing two of my jokes)
So, I will give you WIT AND WISDOM FROM THE MILITARY MANUALS AND FLIGHT RECORDS. Really.
As my first effort, let me quote from the Instructions actually printed on US Rocket Launcher: "Aim towards the Enemy."
Believe it? Ha. Some things seemingly go without saying, but apparently where to aim your rocket launcher is not one of them. Ha. Ha. I'm laughing. I'm laughing out loud. I'm slapping my knees and doubling over. Are you? Are you distracted from your conflict yet? Opps, I reminded you of it.
Okay, then, from the 1947 edition of the U.S. Air Force Bomber Pilot's Manual: "It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
Again, it seems obvious doesn’t it. Need I say it, if you eject over the area you just bombed, you will be unlikely to be able to phone home. Duh. Feel it coming over you--is the milk coming out of your nose (I hate that).
One more to push you over the edge, advice from the U.S. Army - Infantry Journal: "Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo."
Well, that's not always so obvious, especially in a world where we all want to seem important. But, even after you aim your rockets at the enemy or eject over the area you bombed, when you come face-to-face with your foe, act dumb.
"Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
"Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
"Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
"Five is right out.
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
"A hand grenade gets angry when the pin is pulled." - U.S. Marine Corps Fighting man Manual ----------------------------
Lt. Steve - I loved your work on Good morning Vietnam, truely one of a kind. Let the zingers fly!
Multiple Annon's: One must remind you to read carefully at the statements before posting. Making the assumption that the sheboyganite in the picture has bird flu is a little too far fetched. As anyone with medical training must know that you need to complete a thorough history and physical examination, and then complete the appropriate laboratory and radiological tests to rule out the many other etiologies in the differential diagnosis. Things such as influenza (A and or B), sepsis, dengue fever, haunta virus, legionaries disease, community acquired pnemonia and atypical pneumonia, HIV, farmers lung, asthma exacerbation, mononucleosis (or epstein barr infection), lymphoma, plauge or yersinia pestis infection, varicella pneumonia, or COPD... among others.
All of this aside, the original post said the sheboyganite is spreading LIKE the bird flu, mysteriously traveling across regions as of now through vectors such as fowl, but one simple mutation might allow her to spread person to person. This in a similar way that democrats prey upon university and college students eager to get the good grades, so they learn to spew the progressive world view thoughts on their papers...and low and behold they pass and graduate, vote democrat, then later in life see's how the real world works and tends to join the vast right wing conspiracy.
Before I sign off, one other tidbit from the military handbook recently added... Dont' humiliate and pose with enemy prisoners and take pictures of your stupidity, thus undermining the purpose of the entire mission as a whole.
PS: Someone tell Tokyo Nik not to post such offensive material on a public blog such as this. Bird Flu is no joking matter. But SARS, Severe acute respiratory syndrome, now thats hilarious. Right Lt. Steve.
After reviewing the available testimony and neuorlogical testing results I have to deliver the sad news.
Lt. Steve suffers from a rare chronic and terminal condition called Witzelsucht: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witzelsucht
He will probably need a good lawyer to help set up the disability paperwork.
On another note, to the "Bird Flu Flew" you must also include other etiologies in your differential. Do not forget malingering disorder, or Munchausen's syndrome: http://www.clevelandclinic.org/health/health-info/docs/2800/2821.asp?index=9833
First let me say that I personally checked my lobe tissue (as recently as this morning) and can confirm there are no small lesions present. I will match my frontal lobes against any lobes in the world.
Second, let me point out that it was my purposefully inane and seemingly pointless stories that constitute the humor that brought peace to this page. Peace that seems to endure even unto this day.
More specifically, its been well said that humor is often based on ironies and idiosyncrasies and our reaction to them. Humor may also be contrived by the evocation of a fictitious event or experience where we anticipate a particular climax to a story only to find the unexpected taking its place.
In the words of Wendy Morah Angela Darling, "the stories are true." The real world examples of overstating the obvious are funny because it’s impossible to anticipate the need to be told. Don't trifle with me on humor. "I know funny, and this stuff is[] funny." You know that Reader's Digest is . . . well you saw my movie.
As to its effect, remember, "a merry heart doeth good as a medicine," and laughter melts away stress like ice under a blowtorch. In fact, Sigmund Freud, not noted for his own sense of humor, believed that it is not possible to be mentally happy without possessing a sense of humor. I hope you are not underperforming with respect to your own daily laugh total-- which of course should equal at least 15 chuckles per day.
I rarely toot my own horn, but must say again, honorificabilitudinitatibus.
I hope you are laughing now.
Soliciting your enlistment,
Lt. Steve
(yes the one and the same, and Frenchy sends his regards)
44 comments:
I've only seen it once before... in Sheboygan WI. Must be spreading like the bird flu.
Someone is posing
Really Anon.
that is, as anon.
wasn't me
Methinks this anon. has revealed its identity in the short single sentence posted 11-2-06 at 8:58 am. Let's consider the barest facts:
1. "must be . . . the bird flu."--by immediately making a veiled diagnosis, this anon. inadvertently reveals he/she may have some educational background that would presuppose the rectangle was connected to a rare medical condition. Hmmm, I wonder who fits that description.
2. Lest we be too hasty, and in the interest of keeping all alternatives open, "bird flu" of course could be a misspelling of "bird flew" so we can't rule out the possibility that this anon. actually has an educational deficiency, though it does seem unlikely. After all , Sheboygan is hard to spell too.
3. "I've only seen it once before" -- this seems to be a clear reference to the fact that this anon. has performed some sort of purposeful examination of a rectangle condition on at least one prior occasion. This suggests again a medical or scientific connection and seems to support conclusion 1 above.
4. Let's not overlook "In Sheboygan WI." Ignoring the missing comma, which might support proposition 2 above, this anon. makes the final disclosure that gives away the identity. She/he has actually been to Sheboygan.
Now we know. Need I say more.
Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink . . .
Really Anon.
Yoda was right when he said "There is another." There IS another Anon! Perhaps we should have Anon I and Anon II. Or Anon A and Anon B. Or perhaps the Anons prefer the ambiguity of simply Anon.
To Transplant,
First of all, is that you, Yoda? How did you tap into this blog. I'm so confused. I don't know who is who; or whom is whom; or who is whom; or the right form of that word to use here. Let me try this way: qui est qui; qui est que; qui est que -- (it doesn't work in French either) AHHHHHHHHHGGGGG!!
Anyway, I hear tell that a young David, Jr. we all know and love used to say "Can I have a nudder nudder" after he had already had a first one and then another one(especially when it came to chocolate cake).
So, the whole idea of "another" among us is certainly not a foreign concept.
The question occurs to me though, is it another of the same kind, or another of a different kind? Une autre d'une différente sorte--Une autre de la même sorte.
When it comes to cake its always another of the same kind in my book or why ask.
But another anon. Think about that you must Yoda (or Sheboyganite in disguise), whoever, whomever you are -- whatever. Give it a muse.
Respectfully,
A. Nudder Nudder
Some anons simply like to start trouble and then stand back and watch.
Greetings:
First of all, to avoid any new identity conflict or dispute, let me say at the outset that even though this comment starts with "anonymous said," I am not anonymous. My name is Lieutenant Steve. I am an Air Force recruiter. Thus the formal salutation: "Greetings."
Let me tell you a little about myself. I'm not a stereotype. You can't judge me by my title. I'm a real person. I eat hot dish tuna. I like cumquats in season. Like you, I love a good polka, and I'll really stick my neck out and say I think it’s a much maligned form of music.
There. Those revelations are intended to put you at ease. How can you feel threatened by me now.
Now to the point. The reason I am injecting myself into this blog is because I excel at diffusing conflict, and I have been monitoring this blog site for just the kind of brewing dispute I see here. Let's nip it. Let's nip it in the bud here and now.
Usually, I'm able to divert attention from the dispute by going on and on about something totally inane. On and on and on sometimes. I'm not proud. Nor am I even tired yet. I could go on and on in at least three different languages if it would help.
However, I can tell from the high intelligence level of your commentors and especially the gifted articulation of the blogger that will not work here, so I'll revert to absurd humor (I am funny--remember, Reader's Digest is considering publishing two of my jokes)
So, I will give you WIT AND WISDOM FROM THE MILITARY MANUALS AND FLIGHT RECORDS. Really.
As my first effort, let me quote from the Instructions actually printed on US Rocket Launcher: "Aim towards the Enemy."
Believe it? Ha. Some things seemingly go without saying, but apparently where to aim your rocket launcher is not one of them. Ha. Ha. I'm laughing. I'm laughing out loud. I'm slapping my knees and doubling over. Are you? Are you distracted from your conflict yet? Opps, I reminded you of it.
Okay, then, from the 1947 edition of the U.S. Air Force Bomber Pilot's Manual: "It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed."
Again, it seems obvious doesn’t it. Need I say it, if you eject over the area you just bombed, you will be unlikely to be able to phone home. Duh. Feel it coming over you--is the milk coming out of your nose (I hate that).
One more to push you over the edge, advice from the U.S. Army - Infantry Journal: "Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo."
Well, that's not always so obvious, especially in a world where we all want to seem important. But, even after you aim your rockets at the enemy or eject over the area you bombed, when you come face-to-face with your foe, act dumb.
Is it working?
Gotcha.
Lieutenant Steve.
Greetings Again:
I see its been approximately 10 minutes since my post and a [really long time since] the last conflict inducing post on this page.
I stand before you honorificabilitudinitatibus.
I'm already begining to think my dispute resolution work here may be complete. Peace.
Okay, now, anyone wanna join up. Enlist. Sign on. Jump in with both feet.
Maybe I'll stick around and monitor things for a bit.
Lieutenant Steve.
I think Lt. Steve needs to take up wrestling--Sumo.
another anon.
Ha ha ha ha. Lt. I can't wait to get the next edition of the Digest so I can read your jokes.
Where has this guy been hiding.
Greetings [yet again],
I'm so happy I continued to monitor. Clearly, the disputes have been diffused and peace abounds. Good humor was just what the anon. ordered.
I could do this for hours, especially if you all now will read these next three together, in 4 part harmony, and with feeling:
"Don't draw fire; it irritates the people around you."
Very good, but altos, a little more, yes?
"Flashlights are tubular metal containers kept in a flight bag to store dead batteries."
better.
"Never fly in the same cockpit with someone braver than you."
Ahhhh, I love harmony.
Lt.
I've never seen such a convoluted conversation. How did you get from rectangles to recruitment?
I'm interrupting to keep you on track. The original question was "Can anyone else out there make this face?"
Lets have some response.
Not easily.
Anon.
only after eating a popcicle.
Yes! Yes!
not without a great deal of effort.
はい、 しかしない仕事で。
10 1/2
"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin.
"Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less.
"Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three.
"Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three.
"Five is right out.
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
"A hand grenade gets angry when the pin is pulled."
- U.S. Marine Corps Fighting man Manual
----------------------------
I'm signing off. This is getting out of hand. Where is the web miester.
hmmm.
Reminds me of U-tube
Rowdy. Out of control.
Where are the sumo wrestlers.
Can you show the rectangle from a side-view. I may be able to do it if I can see it from the side.
I once put an entire orange in my mouth, but it was not rectangle shaped. Does that count?
M&M
10 1/2
What's 10 1/2
Shoe size.
Isn't that what you asked.
Oops wrong blog.
. . . Nevermind.
Ahhh So; there must be a Sheboyganite amongst us.
Greetings:
Peaceful co-existence among so many of diverse backgrounds, yet no one has addressed my invitation to join up.
Lt.
Lt. Steve - I loved your work on Good morning Vietnam, truely one of a kind. Let the zingers fly!
Multiple Annon's: One must remind you to read carefully at the statements before posting. Making the assumption that the sheboyganite in the picture has bird flu is a little too far fetched. As anyone with medical training must know that you need to complete a thorough history and physical examination, and then complete the appropriate laboratory and radiological tests to rule out the many other etiologies in the differential diagnosis. Things such as influenza (A and or B), sepsis, dengue fever, haunta virus, legionaries disease, community acquired pnemonia and atypical pneumonia, HIV, farmers lung, asthma exacerbation, mononucleosis (or epstein barr infection), lymphoma, plauge or yersinia pestis infection, varicella pneumonia, or COPD... among others.
All of this aside, the original post said the sheboyganite is spreading LIKE the bird flu, mysteriously traveling across regions as of now through vectors such as fowl, but one simple mutation might allow her to spread person to person. This in a similar way that democrats prey upon university and college students eager to get the good grades, so they learn to spew the progressive world view thoughts on their papers...and low and behold they pass and graduate, vote democrat, then later in life see's how the real world works and tends to join the vast right wing conspiracy.
Before I sign off, one other tidbit from the military handbook recently added... Dont' humiliate and pose with enemy prisoners and take pictures of your stupidity, thus undermining the purpose of the entire mission as a whole.
PS: Someone tell Tokyo Nik not to post such offensive material on a public blog such as this. Bird Flu is no joking matter. But SARS, Severe acute respiratory syndrome, now thats hilarious. Right Lt. Steve.
Til next time....
After reviewing the available testimony and neuorlogical testing results I have to deliver the sad news.
Lt. Steve suffers from a rare chronic and terminal condition called Witzelsucht: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witzelsucht
He will probably need a good lawyer to help set up the disability paperwork.
On another note, to the "Bird Flu Flew" you must also include other etiologies in your differential. Do not forget malingering disorder, or Munchausen's syndrome: http://www.clevelandclinic.org/health/health-info/docs/2800/2821.asp?index=9833
adieu
Greetings Dr. Blog et al:
Witzelsucht? I think not.
First let me say that I personally checked my lobe tissue (as recently as this morning) and can confirm there are no small lesions present. I will match my frontal lobes against any lobes in the world.
Second, let me point out that it was my purposefully inane and seemingly pointless stories that constitute the humor that brought peace to this page. Peace that seems to endure even unto this day.
More specifically, its been well said that humor is often based on ironies and idiosyncrasies and our reaction to them. Humor may also be contrived by the evocation of a fictitious event or experience where we anticipate a particular climax to a story only to find the unexpected taking its place.
In the words of Wendy Morah Angela Darling, "the stories are true." The real world examples of overstating the obvious are funny because it’s impossible to anticipate the need to be told. Don't trifle with me on humor. "I know funny, and this stuff is[] funny." You know that Reader's Digest is . . . well you saw my movie.
As to its effect, remember, "a merry heart doeth good as a medicine," and laughter melts away stress like ice under a blowtorch. In fact, Sigmund Freud, not noted for his own sense of humor, believed that it is not possible to be mentally happy without possessing a sense of humor. I hope you are not underperforming with respect to your own daily laugh total-- which of course should equal at least 15 chuckles per day.
I rarely toot my own horn, but must say again, honorificabilitudinitatibus.
I hope you are laughing now.
Soliciting your enlistment,
Lt. Steve
(yes the one and the same, and Frenchy sends his regards)
I write English now. I write no offense. I write nice. You try Japanese you do not nice for turkey in front seat on ugly scissor cut top--ha
Greetings bird flu, flew:
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
My mother thanks you.
My father thanks you.
My 7 brothers thank you.
The seven brides for my seven brothers thank you.
Enlist today,
Lt. Steve
10 1/2
I think Tokyo Nik needs to be heard here.
His use of idioms is commendable, but needs some re translation; at any rate I think part of what he said is actually a gentle insult.
Confuse Us.
To Confuse Us:
You tease.
My good English.
Like snow on top of laundry man canape for with to under some Witzelsucht in China Sea.
Ha. I double over knee with milk nose.
I can tease as good.
Tokyo Nik
The rectangle wins I think for the most commented upon blog post so far.
What about Sumo?
anyone see my shoes?
10 1/2
ah so,
do smashing tights sumo
or disco
its so retro
Post a Comment