What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Australian labradoodles

I was working with a spine rep yesterday, and he was telling us about the Australian Labradoodle he has just ordered from Tasmania, which as you probably know, is actually an island just south of the mainland of Australia. He wouldn't tell us how much it costs to transport the puppy from his Tasmanian home, but he did confess that it was more than the cost of the dog, which he admits was $1600. Now I was wondering, why can't you just get a labradoodle over here? What's the big difference?

Apparently, there IS a big difference! Australian labradoodles have been carefully bred, and the ALA has been hard at work to get them recognized as a distinct breed. It all started with the Australian Guide Dog Association, when a blind woman requested a guide dog that would not cause her allergies to flare. As time went on, there was more breeding and now they are a very popular "designer dog." But the ALA says the Australian Labradoodles are not the same as an American Labradoodle, the Aussies having a distinct program of carefully tracking bloodlines and producing dogs with all the best qualities. And you thought just anyone could put a poodle and a labrador together and come up with a labradoodle!

1 comment:

Fasha said...

It looks like Ginger.