A study conducted by UCLA's Department of Psychiatry has revealed that the kind of face a woman finds attractive on a man can differ depending on where she is in her menstrual cycle.
For example: If she is ovulating she is attracted to men with rugged and masculine features.
However, if she is menstruating, or menopausal, she tends to be more attracted to a man with a spear lodged in his chest and tape over his mouth while he is on fire.
No further studies are planned.
16 comments:
First of all, the post is not the least bit blury; the line there is narrow and easily seen. You are supposed to be vague. What happened?
Second, I hope that the post is in fact, something you read, rather than something for which the line between what you read and what is real is unclear. The whole idea of spear-chested, taped-mouth men does not create a pretty picture.
Third, well, the entire post is just plain fear inducing.
Remember Harry Sanborn (Jack Nicholson) in "Something's Gotta Give." He was the inspiration for Erica (Diane Keyton) to write a play in which he was the older man that loved younger women, and who had a heart attack and then fell for her (the older woman). She created an admittedly "schmucky" character in the play based on him, and had him die because it was "funnier." Harry saw the play, realized the "schmuck" was him, and complained "Schmucks are people too."
That applies here.
I dare not identify myself, so I remain,
Anon.
The post in fact, is something that was forwarded to me. I posted it, not because it was blurry, but because it made me smile, thinking of how irrational we women can be at times.
Who needs men to begin with, but the spear chested / charred ones can be nice because 1. They may keep you warm, and 2. They are a lot more sensitive with 80% of their body covered in 3rd degree burns and 3. they have come to realize the paternal oppression and slavery they have forced us into with generations of lies and religions
girl power!
wierd. Where sheboygan?
Are the rugged attractions during the follicular phase or luteal phase? that's a pretty crucial difference if you ask me...
Then of course B.Irv., there is the overlap period of the follicular and luteal phases, that is, during the beginning of the follicular phase that actually overlaps with the last few days of the previous luteal phase (the "overlapping time period").
Is there an equal threat of spear-chesting or mouth-taping in both phases; is one more common in one time period than the other; is the propensity for these tragedies increased during the overlapping time period? More important, is there a way to predict the behavior. These are questions that demand an answer if we are to co-exist.
Tokyo Nik, do you see this problem in your geographic or do you find foot-binding solves the problem and eliminates Feminizi attitudes?
That overlap time of the follicular and luteal phase is actually the menstruation time... so duck and cover as they say.
Now to the previous annonymous comment, ovulation really is just the transition between the follicular phase and the begining of the luteal phase. It is marked by a surge in leutinizing hormone, and a drop in serum estrogen.... maybe the hunky rugged look. But really the study is somewhat vauge, because its not until the first day of the period that the new cycle begins and menstruation occurs... Is there a transition between rugged hunky man and then they morph that man into the spear lodged toast with duct tape, or is that change a drastic one from black to white. Now the blog owner is really being vague.
My question is thus, what about those that are anovulatory and do not have the progesterone increase and then the decrease (causing a period) such as polycystic ovarian syndrome, or those with a prolactinoma, or even thyroid disease...
The bottom line anonymous is that we are always at risk, and thus should be careful. It is by the grace of God that most can live peacefully together. Maybe that is why visual and physical attraction for women are more tied to emotions than visions of a firey spearing.
Tokyo Nik - Sup bro.
Bushido takes care of that. But youth getting bad. Too much Mcdonalds and Britney Spears. But like Yankees. Go Ichiro!
So much written about the fairer by the rugged. Where are the comments from the gentler side---just leave the matches and tape in the other room.
Personally, I prefer smashing two bricks together.
Maybe thats why guy sweat so much... to douse the flames
Let me suggest, Tokyo Nik, a rikishi in the gendai budÅ tradtion.
I'll provide the Yokozuna tegata for the prize. Bring Feminazi and let's see if she can avoid a kachikoshi -- or if all she can do is talk and prance in a dohyo-iri.
I'm glad I'm continuing to monitor your blog.
It looks like I need to reiterate: if you are seriously considering Yokozuna tegata, let me remind you that there is too much fighting in the world already.
When I first wrote it was because the Sumo contest was over babies and puppies. Now, Feminazis and spear-chested men.
If you can't stop this violence, I'll be forced to dohyo-iri on your face.
Susan from Texas
All this japanese talk is making me dizzy. I'm just sittin here waiting for spring to again build a nest and pollenate some flowers, and I came upon the blog looking for other pet bee's. I'd be interested in seeing feminazi take on "anonymous". I can sting the winner.
Are the menstrual cycles somethin you can buy at walmart? If I were to meet a nice lady I would sure want one of those. I don't like spears in my chest like the rest of yall.
On the other hand lane bryant is having a big sale!!!
I'm just a lumber jack and I'm okay
Dear Lumber Jack;
A cycle of any kind is not a real cycle unless, of course, it is, of course, motorized. Yew gotcher Hogs, yer oriental rockets (I'm using a gentler term because of the sensabilities of those on this blog) and yer common everyday communters motorbikes, they all got one thing in common--they are better than a pickle, so much better;
which reminds me of a favorite song that goes like this:
I don't want a pickle
Just want to ride on my motorsickle
And I don't want a tickle
'Cause I'd rather ride on my motorsickle
And I don't want to die
I just want to ride on my motorcy . . . cle
Laughin' all da way to da bank cause I been singin' that song and collectin' royalties for three decades
AG
Post a Comment