Congratulations to Mary Ellen and John William, celebrating 55 years of marriage. (Mary Ellen is Granny's 1st cousin, being the daughter of Uncle Henry and Aunt Essie, Uncle Henry being Big Daddy's brother (at least, I think so!)
Mawidge.
Mawidge is what bwings us togever today.
Mawidge, the bwessed awangement.
That dweam wiffin a dweam.
Ven wuv, twu wuv, wiw fowwow you fowever..
Granny & Papa celebrated 58 years of marriage just a few weeks ago.

(Just in case you have forgotten, I have included a Cousin Tree below. Click on it to make it larger.)(Granny & Mary Ellen are 1st cousins, which makes Mary Ellen my 1st cousin, once removed, since she is one generation from mine. Mary Ellen's kids are my 2nd cousins, since we share great grandparents.)(Furthermore, Mary Ellen's grandkids are the 3rd cousins of my children, sharing great great grandparents. So maybe Mary Ellen is their 1st cousin twice removed??? It does get rather confusing, doesn't it. I think maybe we can just say we're kin.)
4 comments:
So what is the "mawwidge" quote? Did I miss an entire season of some famous sitcom when I had a toddler or something?
Nanc
"As You Wiiiiiiish "
The Princess Bride, a movie that should be watched over and over. It is chock full of quotable quotes!
that's aint essie
Post a Comment