What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ruth Bell Graham

Farewell to Ruth Bell Graham, wife of Billy Graham, who died this past week. I remember how my mom admired her. I found some interesting tidbits about her this week. From Christianity Today
Ruth was known for being a woman of grace but also of outspoken forthrightness and wit.

When asked if she and her husband always agreed on everything, she said, "My goodness, no! If we did, there would be no need for one of us!"
From the Charlotte Observer:
It was Ruth Graham who counseled her husband to steer clear of politics so as not to narrow his ministry.During the Democratic National Convention in 1964, President Lyndon Johnson sought Graham's advice on whom he might choose as a running mate.

Before Graham could answer, Ruth Graham kicked him under the table and said, "You are supposed to limit your advice to moral and spiritual issues and stay out of politics."

Then there was the story about her legendary stoicism in the face of illness -- especially when compared with a husband, who felt every ache and pain. Loved ones would joke that when he died, Billy would have carved on his tombstone, "I told you so." When Ruth died, her tombstone would declare, "Never felt better."

No comments: