- My flight out was 5 hours late arriving in Chicago
- I waited 45 minutes for my luggage to unload
- I got to M&B's too late for the lovely roast, cooked 12 hours in crock pot, served with famous Bry Biscuits
- After getting up at 4am yesterday, I went to bed at 1245am after changing time zones, so I could get up by 4am today to catch another plane
- As I was eating my breakfast in a rocking chair next to one of the 4 plugs at Midway, I heard them say my flight was boarding already, and anyone who wanted on, needed to come asap
- As I leapt up so I wouldn't miss the flight, I splilled coffee on my pink shirt
- When I arrived in Austin, I watched all the other passengers descend the escalators and retrieve their baggage with a 5 minute wait. I, on the other hand, was in a holding cell for people who have had evil thoughts about baggage handlers. I waited 45 minutes but they never lit the sign to say my flight was being placed on the carousel.
- I waited in line for the not-so-concerned employees (whose bags have never been missing.) They filed a missing luggage report and told me I'd probably have it within 24 hours. Though they didn't say this, their demeanor said, "What about your bags? Hmm. Don't know, don't care. How's that?
- When I went to get the rental car, it smelled like the chain smoker club was still in it. So I had to trade.
- As I drove to Nancy's house, I drove right by the Chick Fil A because I missed the exit and wasn't sure I could get back!
Flying into Chicago at Night
1 comment:
oh mama, i love you!! i hope your weekend goes better!
Post a Comment