What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom

Mom's 79th birthday is celebrated today in heaven. I really love the music of Carolyn Arends. I especially like the song "We've Been Waiting for You," where she describes a baby's birth as moving into a whole new world, surrounded by those who have been waiting to welcome the child. She draws a parallel to death, where we will move into a new and different world, and where our arrival is eagerly anticipated.
And watching you come into this world
Baby, you've made me believe
Another journey awaits us
So when I have to leave

I am pretty sure that I'll be frightened
But even if I cry, please understand
I will know I'm not alone
When my room is ready I'll go home
And when I reach the gate
I'm going to hear them saying

We've been waiting for you
We're so glad you came
We've been looking forward
To showing you the place
There's so much in store and
We've been waiting for you

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I love this picture of Granny! And the song is perfect. Well said.

Dianne said...

What a great picture! This is how I remember her.

Brenda of Swirls and Twirls said...

What a lovely picture of your mother, Kathy~
I'll always remember her as so sweet and kind and beautiful both inside and out~
Her children and grandchildren are a reflection of her~
and, the song IS perfect!
God bless you all~
joe and brenda murphy

Mom & Dad said...

This is the way we remember Doris. It was a joy to be in her company. Doris has left a beautiful legacy.

The song is beautiful.

Lu Ann & Jerry Bennett