What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

On being in a hospital

I'm reminded that I often intersect people's lives at a crisis point, and I appreciate the encouragement that it's often the little things that matter. Here is one woman's thoughts after undergoing a fearful time in the hospital. Below, I have copied an excerpt:
And yet, I know that in my darkest and most horrid moments at the hospital, it wasn't the words said that meant the most to me. I couldn't take them in, anyway. I'm sure people said things to me, and they were probably even the right things. But what I remember down to the inmost parts of my heart are things like the comfort of a warm, loving hug from a woman I had known a few hours, a pair of shoes from another new friend, a small bottle of hand lotion from another dear lady, the little boy who brought some small toys to my son's hospital bed, and the presence of that gentleman and his father at just the right time. In all of them, I saw and felt My Father. I hope there are people in your lives who minister such grace to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whose blog is this from??? it's very insightful...