What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Monday, August 14, 2006

100 Most Annoying Things

Yesterday in Sunday School, Mark was teaching on the widow and the unjust judge from Luke 18:1-8. Since the widow was persistent to the point of being downright annoying, he introduced the topic by referring the the list of 100 Most Annoying Things. I don't know if I have the same list he had, but the one I found was from the UK, and I didn't find all the things equally annoying. I thought we could probably come up with a better list, so I'm taking suggestions. Maybe we'll just have the 10 Most Annoying Things on our list, if no one helps me. At any rate, here are the ones I thought were worthy of such a list:
6. Tailgaters
13. Loud mobile users
15. Paper cuts
22. Drivers who park in disabled bays
25. Skinny people who complain they are fat
26. Stepping in dog poo
31. Junk mail
39. Running out of loo roll
50. Running out of hot water
51. Wasps
58. Paper jam
62. People who .. text in capitals
80. Road works

I think I might renumber them, and perhaps the wasps might be at the top, quickly followed by loud cell phone users and road construction. But I'm open to suggestions!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tailgaters don't bother me as much as the "holier than thou" drivers who take it on them selves to teach everyone else how to drive properly--

For example:

1) drivers who slam on their brakes if they think you are tailgating (the old "when they slam into the back of me, 'that'll teach 'em' attitude" seems self defeating);

2) drivers who think a long and loud honk (rather than a tap) will modify behavior (a gentle tap can alert someone to inadvertent driving faux pas, but a long honk just exacerbates the situation and pollutes the air with unnecessary noise); and

3) drivers who use hand gestures above the dashboard (mind you a good gesture can release a lot of tension, but I think it should be made in a discrete manner).

Tapping my horn and gesturing below the dash, I remain,

Anon.

Anonymous said...

I think the category of "loud mobile users" can be expanded somewhat to include people who let the mobile phone dictate their attention span.

Specifically, I think its rude to answer the mobile phone and engage in a full conversation when you are with someone.

Granted, there are exceptions when one may need to take an emergency call, but for the most part, I see people with one set of friends carrying on a lengthy cell phone conversation with another friend all while the people they are with remain "on hold."

Its like the store clerk who is helping you, but is diverted to handle a phone call from another customer--irritating.

Opps, I hear my ringtone, gotta go,

Anon.

Anonymous said...

What about, "Not being able to find a matching pair of socks."

I know its been said before, but what in the world happens to socks in the dryer. Invariably, I lose one every time. I thought I could remedy the situation by purchasing several of exactly the same color at once, but they don't really match once washed.

Anon.

Anonymous said...

One more that's not on the list is the use, and now what is clearly the overuse of the phrase "gone missing." Where did that come from? Its like a fad to use that phrase to describe something that is lost.

Anon.