Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen! For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Something to Ponder
Such strange creatures are we that we probably smart more under blows which never fall upon us than we do under those which do actually come.
CH Spurgeon
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
Kathy,
I commend you for posting a very thought provoking quote. It certainly does raise some questions worth pondering.
For example, Spurgeon seems to be saying that most of the things we worry about never happen. Is he suggesting a cause and effect relationship: i.e. worry prevents bad things from happening? If so, should we then worry more? Should we volunteer to worry for others? Should we even worry about whether we are worrying enough?
It helps in interpreting his comment to reflect on the admonition to worry about nothing, and maybe its as simple as that (even though worrying seems like such a necessary part of "be prepared").
Clearly you have created fodder worthy of a treatise. You could title it: How [Much] Should We Then [Worry]. Of course, someone will have to grow a goatee, wear knickers and move to Switzerland. Maybe Craig?
I'll close with the famous words of one too well known to need identification: "I can't [worry] about it now, I'll [worry] about it tomorrow."
With knitted brow, anxiously awaiting your book, I remain,
1 comment:
Kathy,
I commend you for posting a very thought provoking quote. It certainly does raise some questions worth pondering.
For example, Spurgeon seems to be saying that most of the things we worry about never happen. Is he suggesting a cause and effect relationship: i.e. worry prevents bad things from happening? If so, should we then worry more? Should we volunteer to worry for others? Should we even worry about whether we are worrying enough?
It helps in interpreting his comment to reflect on the admonition to worry about nothing, and maybe its as simple as that (even though worrying seems like such a necessary part of "be prepared").
Clearly you have created fodder worthy of a treatise. You could title it: How [Much] Should We Then [Worry]. Of course, someone will have to grow a goatee, wear knickers and move to Switzerland. Maybe Craig?
I'll close with the famous words of one too well known to need identification: "I can't [worry] about it now, I'll [worry] about it tomorrow."
With knitted brow, anxiously awaiting your book, I remain,
Anon. (the first Anon.)
Post a Comment