
Today I found this large butterfly enjoying my butterfly bush. When his wings were opened wide, he was as big as the palm of my hand! But he was fluttering so fast, I couldn't get a shot of him with open wings, even though, believe it or not, I made 35 tries! I loved watching him. The bees shared the blossoms with the butterfly, and no one seemed disturbed, as there was plenty for all.

Then suddenly, in the quiet, I heard a humming sound. I looked up, and what should I see but a beautiful little hummingbird! He was not any bigger than the butterfly, and he hovered over the bush several times before he disappeared. It reminded me of hummingbirds in the mountains, and it made me smile. But I was not quick enough with my camera and he was gone in a blink of an eye.
1 comment:
oh i do LOVE the hummingbirds!!
Post a Comment