Sunday morning, we went to church at Park Street Church. We saw that
John Piper was going to be speaking, so we figured it was a good church to visit while in town.

Piper was great; both thought-provoking and personable.

Below, if you look at the clock, you will note that it is 745am and we have already arrived for the 830 service. Such a thing has never happened before! So we went in and sat down. The lady in front of us had gone to Calvin College. This far from Michigan, the Hope/Calvin rivalry did not seem so significant.

One interesting thing - this is the first time I can remember that people asked where we were from, and I just say Michigan. In my head, I'm thinking Texas, but I know they are not really asking where I'm
from but where I
live now.

We met an interesting couple behind us. They live in Connecticut now, but are from Texas (Houston and Dallas). It's almost like they lived a parallel life; they lived in Edmond (before we did) and they homeschooled their kids. We talked for a long time and we felt quite at home, even in Boston, if you can believe it.

A harpist played for the offertory, and guess what she played? A lovely rendition of "How Great Thou Art." I love the harp, and I hope that someday I can take lessons. Just for fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment