What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Biking biking biking (Thursday)

First you have to get the bikes from the bike shop. . . Then Strong He-Man loads bikes onto bike rack of Island Explorer. Yes, we need to stop and take a picture at every bridge on the carriage road! We are biking from Jordan Pond over to Upper Hadlock Pond. There are signs like this at every fork in the road, and we would frequently look at our trusty map so we could make sure of our route. I guess somewhere, there's a poor child without a flip flop! Below, this is Upper Hadlock Pond. The carriage road ran right alongside the pond for a while. Dad found this really intersting rock (below). Looks like a fossil, doesn't it? Below, is Waterfall Bridge. You can see the little waterfall framed in the bridge arch. Actually, the waterfall was not much more than a drip down a sheer cliff, but I got to stop and rest my weary legs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the play by play report. I love the great pictures. I hope you will keep updating regularly.

By the way, I read in the Smithsonian magazine that the fossils found along carriage road are actually cement casts placed there by Yale students in the 1970's in connection with some initiation rite (the same students who fabricated the Dear Abby letters during that era).

Beware, some carriage road peddlers actually try to sell these artifacts to tourists.

DRC