What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Birthday

What a day it was! Here's the Birthday Girl gazing upon her cake for the first time. I'm guessing she thought she was being handed the whole thing, but in reality, it was just for the photo. (Cake lovingly made by Mama, and decorated by Papa.) Here is Carolyn tasting the cake, a little tentatively at first, but in the end, she attacked it with relish.

You know, I have to say, I do so love being the grandma! My instructions were clear: this was to be a special day for the child, and if it wasn't dangerous, she was to be allowed to enjoy. I was given a bowl of goldfish crackers to let her eat. She loved digging her hand into the bowl and pulling out as many as she could, never you mind how many dropped out of the chubby little hand. Many were consumed, many more covered the couch, the grandma, and the child. Needless to say, the dog was pleased.

No comments: