What's the deal with the blurring line?

Sometimes, what I read seems so real that I'm not always sure it didn't really happen!
For example, I am quite certain that Marcellus really never was the same after The Robe.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Hiking to Beech Mountain (Friday)

It was just a bit foggy when we started our hike at the southern end of Long Pond. But Dad had his trusty compass, so we weren't worried. Wildlife sightings have been rare here. We hear birds but seldom see them. On the water, we've seen several ducks and gulls, but that's about it. Almost there! The view from the summit. Not exactly as advertised, but who can control the weather anyway? At the summit, there is this old fire tower, no longer in use since The Forestry Service now uses small planes to track fires. "Can you hear me now?" I guess this is some type of moss, but it looks so much like someone painted cauliflower pictures on this stone! The road goes ever on and on, and I must follow if I can. . .

1 comment:

EB said...

you need to blow that last picture up and put it on your wall! it's a great picture!